Reclaim your quality of life
Missing teeth can have a drastic effect on not only your overall health, but also your confidence and self-esteem. The problem is a common one: approximately 20 million people in North America are suffering from missing teeth.
But you don’t have to struggle with the physical and psychological damage that missing teeth cause. Dental implants can help you permanently restore your health and your confidence—finally giving you something to smile about.
What are dental implants?
An innovative and superior alternative to dentures and partial bridges, dental implants are a popular, highly effective method of replacing teeth. Rather than removable dentures, dental implants are a durable, natural-feeling, and permanent solution. Extremely strong with a natural look, dental implants feel and act like real teeth.
Are dental implants the right solution for you?
People choose dental implants for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common:
- Get a healthy smile. There’s a close relationship between oral health and well-being. Having a healthy smile can improve your overall health.
- Restore function and confidence. With dental implants, you can enjoy the look, function, and feel of natural teeth.
- Preserve healthy teeth. Dental implants don’t require changing the surrounding teeth, like bridgework and traditional crowns often do. In addition, dental implants can help to prevent teeth movement and bone loss that result from missing teeth.
- Long-term, comfortable restoration. A permanent and completely functional solution, dental implants are an exceptional investment for a lifetime of healthy, happy smiles.
Our dental implant process
Dr. Flanagan is extensively trained and experienced with the placement of dental implants. The process begins with a full clinical exam, including specific x-rays, and a discussion of your options, with all of your questions answered.
Dental implants are titanium posts that are placed surgically in the jawbone, as an anchor for permanent crowns. A local anesthesia is typically used for the implantation process, but sedation is available for patients who have severe anxiety or other issues that make local anesthetic a poor choice.
Dr. Flanagan, along with the help of an oral surgeon, performs each step of the dental implant process:
- Tooth extraction. If the dental implant will replace a broken or damaged tooth, the original tooth and its roots are removed first. Depending on the condition of the tooth, you may need a short healing period before the implant is placed.
- Implant placement. The new dental implant post is seated precisely into the implant site. Another healing period may be required if the post needs to be completely covered by the gums.
- Crown preparation. Once your implant is fully healed, a process called osseointegration, we will create a custom crown and abutment for you. We may also perform soft-tissue contouring to improve the aesthetics of your smile.
- Crown placement. When we receive the finalized crowns, we’ll place your durable, functional new tooth into your mouth, anchored to the post.
When the dental implant procedure is complete, you’ll be able to start enjoying your restored teeth right away—including eating the foods you weren’t able to before.
Loose dentures? We can help!
If you currently have dentures or a partial bridge that just won’t fit, or constantly slips out of place and affects your ability to chew, we can create new implants that will fit your existing dentures.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation, and restore your smile with the natural look and feel of dental implants.